For relaxing times........


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Another mixed bag. If you don't know the rules, check here. 1 thefirst 2 thesecond 3 thethird 4 the fourth 5 the fifth 6 the sixth 7 the seventh 8 the eighth 9 the ninth 10 the tenth


14 Responses to “For relaxing times........”

  1. Blogger Fence 

    Don't really have time to inspect properly, but on initial glances I only recognise two, maybe:
    2 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    7 - Donnie Darko

  2. Blogger Fence 

    Okay, I'm back.

    3 - Monthy Python and the Holy Grail
    5 - Fargo?
    6 - In America

  3. Blogger mysfit 

    there certainly are more of these that i should know - but until i recall:

    3)The Professional
    8)High Fidelity

  4. Blogger mysfit 

    wait wait - is #6 from Devil's Advocate?

  5. Blogger anne 

    2-Eternal Sunshine
    4-Leon (whatever the title... oh yes, thanks Mysfit)
    5-Fargo?
    6-The Interpreter?

    And I'm hanging my head in shame about the Robert Mitchum picture.

  6. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    4 & 5 are two of my favorites. Well, that is if they are The Professional and Fargo. Otherwise, who knows. I suck at this, yet you taunt me, boy.

  7. Anonymous Jonathan 

    A chance TV encounter has equipped me to provide:

    1. The First $20 Million Is Always The Hardest

    Given my almost pathological aversion to Jake Busey, though, I didn't linger. But given your previously revealed taste in films, FM, perhaps I ought to've.

    mysfit and anne: number 6. is, as Fence has already mentioned, "In America".

  8. Anonymous Jonathan 

    And:

    9. "Dead Man"

    Segue: apparently "Broken Flowers" is some kind of mainstream breakthrough for Jarmusch. Anyone seen it? I missed the recent World Cinema Festival because two really inconsiderate friends decided to get married in the Drakensberg and expected my presence for a week-plus-long period that neatly encompassed the entire festival.

    "Broken Flowers" is mercifully opening at the Labia on Thursday, though.

  9. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    It's always a very fine line between too easy and too obscure. I seem to have erred on the side of too easy.

    Well, either that or you're all just really smart.

    Nah, must just be too easy ;~)

    And Jonathan, you did not disappoint. Kudos for The First $20 and Dead Man, your aversion to Jake Busey is completely understood and the film in question is not worth breaking such a valid oath over.
    The Labia, you say? On Thursday? (furious pencil scribbling in diary)

    (if I kept a diary)

    And, I notice that no.10 remains unanswered? =)

  10. Blogger Fence 

    Still don't know #10, this is just to inform a Mr. F Machine that he has been memed

  11. Blogger Carl V. 

    ffMerry Christmas Machine and Luke!

  12. Blogger banzai cat 

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, FM!

    (Um, no more updates?)

  13. Anonymous Jonathan 

    Any chance we might have the title for the Kubrick-does-Alice-in-Wonderland evoking tenth film, FM?

  14. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    Drop me a line at forgottenmachine@yahoo.com and I shall reveal all.

    Good to hear from you!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.