E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Two years ago, you spoke words of the simplest magic.
Happy Anniversary, love.

valley2


valley1

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond

any experience,your eyes have their silence:

in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,

or which i cannot touch because they are too near



your slightest look will easily unclose me

though i have closed myself as fingers,

you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens

(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose



or if your wish be to close me, i and

my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,

as when the heart of this flower imagines

the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals

the power of your intense fragility:whose texture

compels me with the color of its countries,

rendering death and forever with each breathing



(i do not know what it is about you that closes

and opens;only something in me understands

the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

e e cummings


7 Responses to “”

  1. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    All of my best to you both. May you always share a love that defines the standard for all others. Happy anniversary.

  2. Blogger Luke 

    Beautiful. So very beautiful.

  3. Blogger banzai cat 

    Aw shucks. I know it's an un-real-guy-like thing to say but you two make a lovely couple. Cheers! :-)

  4. Blogger anne 

    What a beautiful sentiment to wake up to, or start work with.
    Or live by.
    Happy anniversary. :)

  5. Blogger Kelly 

    Oh, how very beautiful. My hope for you both is that your love will deepen and expand over the next 75 years. No, actually, let's say 100! Happy anniversary!

  6. Blogger Carl V. 

    Happy Anniversary to the both of you. Those are great pix, you make a cute couple. Hope you have a lovely anniversary.

  7. Blogger mysfit 

    yay! many wonderful happiness to you both, for as long as you both shall live.

    live in those little moments and the joy i see on your faces will never fade into memory.

    congrats!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.