E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Don’t know about you lot but I’m very fed up that my Cape Town connection is currently on his “sabbatical” whatever thingie-ma-jiggy but I do hope that he is enjoying his exams – if that is at all possible. I’m having withdrawals. October saw the beginning of the Christmas marketing swindle – odd stuff started appearing on shelves, things that vaguely resembled Christmas cards and baubles for Kersfees booms. I thought I was having a flashback. But then, this week I also saw Christmas crackers in abundance all over the place and today, the whole marketing behemoth got into full capitalist swing as the bombardment of ads began in earnest on TV. Because I am terminally feeling like the Grinch, I will not say anything at all about it on here, cos I will just swear a lot.


6 Responses to “”

  1. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    Ditto on all counts. More on some than others, but they are all close... =)

  2. Blogger Carl V. 

    I love Christmas but come on. I don't need to see stores littered with Christmas decorations in October. Especially when its been an unseasonably warm October. Give me a break!

  3. Blogger anne 

    Yes, my fingers are blocked in the crossed position...
    As for Christmas, we're blissfully unaware still, but Hallowe'en does take some getting used to in France.

  4. Blogger kyknoord 

    Yes! I am SO in agreement. There ought to be a law that any Christmas merchandise displayed before the second week of Advent will be removed from the shelves and stored up the retailer's anus until the New Year.

  5. Blogger Luke 

    You all said it ... but kyknoord's was a kick ass solution, I reckon.

  6. Blogger Ostrich 

    Oye ve

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.