Razorblade Poetry


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Part Jeff Noon, partly inspired by something I saw here, and mostly due to this infectious fish (and I mean that in the best of possible ways), here's a new challenge. Choose a novel, choose two pages of said novel (doesn't have to be random) and then choose as many phrases or sentences from those pages and rearrange them at your pleasure, obscure or precise, or take the idea wherever it seems to be leading you! To get the ball rolling, the above pages are from Murakami's Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and the chosen phrases collide together as this:

Remove my black glasses.
I have been staring,
Forced upon the imperfect.
That's what 'old dreams' are,
Indelibly etched with self.
This is the price.
Skulls are scraped,
Plastic shopping bags hanging on the door handles.
You are a lightning rod,
Staring blankly at her clothes going around and around.
Is this the way it should be?
I will be here tomorrow,
On a rainy Sunday.
When the Dreamreader's shadow dies,
It looked like I was next in line.


9 Responses to “Razorblade Poetry”

  1. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    Intriguing collision...

  2. Blogger Jugular Bean 

    Hmmm...another one of those blogging trends that will spread like wildfire and then die out real quick.
    But soundeth good!

  3. Blogger kyknoord 

    I kind of do that as a matter of course. Damn this dyslexia!

  4. Blogger jenn see 

    i loved the chapter titles in that book. well, the "real world" ones anyway, the others were like "The Gate" (dunh dunh dunh...)

    i will have fun with this...

  5. Anonymous Paul 

    Interesting thought
    Poems from novels alas-
    Smiling at the page.

    A haiku for your perusal. :)

  6. Blogger Carl V. 

    Sounds fun! I'll have to try this out when I get back this weekend.

  7. Blogger Carpathian 

    Yay ! For once in my life I'm ahead of the pack and not chasing it down !!

    If you look here http://carpathiantowers.blogspot.com/2005/01/banks-vs-noon-big-blind-remix-1.html then you'll find I did this back in January AND it was due to my devotion to all things Noon !!

    It's basically all the fault of Cobralingus - http://www.codexbooks.co.uk/cobraindex.html

    {allows smug look to linger on face}

  8. Blogger banzai cat 

    Heh. Lemme try Howard Waldrop with that...

  9. Blogger mysfit 

    this is a fun exercise - did you see the exquisite corpse on the fish?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.