A Lifetime ...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



FM tagged me, so I’ll jolly well post this as a guest post and serves him right! 10 years ago: Who cares, it was 10 years ago. I got divorced. There. 5 years ago: 2000? If I remember, there was something happening concerning that horror of horrors and international non-event known as Y2K … 1 year ago: Had a crisis involving a person who lives in North America. That kinda stuck for a while. Yesterday:: Drove for four hours and did exactly 97 kays ... helped a person who had blood spurting out of his mouth all over my car. Ate grilled chicken and drunk a glass of Amarula. Today: Started off the day creating a whole ruckus because of something I posted about music nostalgia on my blog but that got sorted pretty quick. Tomorrow: I want to go and buy Radiohead’s Hail to the Thief cd, because FM very kindly let me listen to some tracks … and I am embarrassed because I never bought it when it was released, so have to sort that pronto. 5 snacks I enjoy: Er … define “snack”? 5 songs I know all the words to: Oooooo … only FIVE?! Right now? Scatterbrain (Radiohead), Scarecrow (Beck), Ruby (Tweaker), Linoleum (Tweaker), Both Tweaker albums (can that count as one song please?), Lucretia, my Reflection (TSOM) ( … aargh, I don’t know how that crept in there), do I really have to stop here? 5 things I would do with $100,000,000: GREEN BACKS?! … Hell YES! Right. Erm … Nothing. I would sit and look at it for a bit. The shock would probably kill me. Can Money buy you Love? If it could, then I would spend it all on that. 5 locations I'd like to run away to: I spend my life running away in my head, it’s very tiresome. But if someone gave me the 100 million dollaarrrs I’d bugger off for good to be with someone somewhere who is important. 5 bad habits I have: I swear too much. I am fickle and stupid. I make snap decisions. I giggle when everyone else is serious. I spend too much time on the Internet. 5 things I like doing:. Sitting on the Internet. Cussin'. Being stoopid. Giggling. Being snappy. 5 things I would never wear: Clothes, if it was socially acceptable in Gauteng. A belly ring (they are stoopid, stoopid, stoopid). Bracelets (they get in the way of stuff). Anything with WHITE or PINK in it (cos they are non colours). Rubber gloves (sorry) 5 T.V. shows I like: This is a joke question, right? I fucking monitor the TV and radio 24 hours a day! I don’t want to look at the damn thing when I’ve finished work, unless there’s a DVD … 5 movies I like: The Wizard of Oz (original one), The Crow, Shaun of the Dead, Gladiator, anything historical. 5 famous people I'd like to meet: ooo yummy question … Tom Waits, Rachmaninoff, Rodin, Billy Connelly, Arthur Decko. 5 biggest joys at the moment: Faye Willow Meyer, Being free of my obsession with Seattle, My friends, my family – internet and real, prospect of going to Ngwenya Lodge (Kruger Park) in September. 5 favorite toys: Woo hoo. No comment. 5 people to tag: Whoever wants to take this up.


4 Responses to “A Lifetime ...”

  1. Blogger anne 

    Come on, we said five bad habits.

  2. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    Oddly, I have a small bottle of Amarula in the cupboard. I really like your "things I like doing"; sounds like a fine time to me! I enjoyed this, you are quite the interesting gal!

  3. Blogger Benjamin Franklin Gates 

    Go on http://nappyegg.blogspot.com/.

  4. Blogger Carl V. 

    Man, the whole Y2K thing seems like a millenium ago itself! I remember all the panic at work with our computer system and was thankfully one of the ones that knew it was all going to be a big joke.

    It was fun watching the clock pass while sitting in front of the television, however, just to see if the world was going to end!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.