A Lifetime......


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Livewire tagged (well, sort of) and I thought it was one of the better ones doing the rounds, so here goes.....

10 years ago: I was in my final year of high school, not quite infiltrating any of the usual cellular organisms such as the jocks or the geeks or the culture vultures. I didn't hate school, but I don't exactly miss it either. You meet some people years laters who are exactly the same; for me the year after school was like tasting fresh air for the first time...... 5 years ago: Hmmmm....that sees me nearing the end of my stint running a bar. If anyone would like to know how to survive on a few hours of sleep a night, you can send your queries to forgottenmachine@..........
Crash course in human nature that left me somewhat jaded, but fortunately with a few great friends. 1 year ago: A startling mirror image of the present, sans this blog and incredible fellow bloggers. Oh, and a few extra pounds....blogging isn't exactly good exercise.
Yesterday: A few really tremendous surprises, the beginning of a novel, the rediscovery of Future Sound of London. Today: Leftovers from supper for lunch, an invigorating good morning kiss, a few emails to temper work frustrations and am about to go and check out our new office premises.
Tomorrow: The beginning of a weekend in which I say farewell to a friend who is more like a brother, and Batman Begins. 5 snacks I enjoy: I don't really snack that much, in fact, sometimes I get so busy that I just forget to eat....................yeah, right. crisps, cashew nuts, cookies and biltong.
5 songs I know all the words to: Battle of Who Could Care Less (Ben Folds Five), Charity (Skunk Anansie), Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin), More Human Than Human (White Zombie), I Am Hated For Loving (Morrissey) 5 things I would do with $100,000,000: (am I the only person giggling like Dr Evil?) Donate half of it to Aids research, buy a house, start a decent flippin' SA radio station, the customary private island bash with friends and buy an F22 Raptor for Mrs TenMiles 5 locations I'd like to run away to: Machu Picchu, New Zealand, Ireland, Iceland, my uncle's log cabin in Canada
5 bad habits I have: Procrastination, stubborness, eating too fast, hogging the covers and feel free to phone Mrs TenMiles on 27824494909 for the rest. 5 things I like doing: Staring at the sky, playing guitar, inventing new ways to develop photographs, planning imaginary holidays and reading inspiring and exquisite words. 5 things I would never wear: Anything neon, a white suit, cardigans, a speedo or pink corduroy slacks......well, not ever again. 5 T.V. shows I like: The Office, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Robotech, Firefly, The Simpsons
5 movies I like: Grosse Point Blank, City of the Lost Children, Donnie Darko, Hedwig & the Angry Inch, Willow 5 famous people I'd like to meet: Gary Oldman, Neil Gaiman, Leonardo Da Vinci, Diane Arbus, Sofia Coppola
5 biggest joys at the moment: Discovering new friendships, writing again, my Led Zeppelin dvd, Mrs TenMiles and devising methods to abduct Mugabe.
5 favorite toys: Don't have any gadgets or gizmos now, so I guess it'll have to be what I remember from childhood. Hmmm....Lego, Transformers, Hot Wheels, Playmobile and....er.......Tiddlywinks? 5 people to tag: Suppose I can't just say anyone who's up for it, so if they feel like it, Carl, Onkroes, Beezlebabe, Anne and Luke, but no expectations. Oh, and anyone who's up for it.


11 Responses to “A Lifetime......”

  1. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    You are correct... with the powers of the mind I tagged you! (Then again, I've been telling you that you were 'it' for ages...haha!) As always, I love your descriptions. Glad to hear you enjoyed some surprises yesterday; must be something in the air. Saying goodbye to a friend is a difficult thing and I wish for you the strength to let the happier memories outshine the sadness of the moment. I am still laughing over pink cords and Tiddlywinks. Thanks for participating, I enjoyed learning more about you!

  2. Blogger anne 

    An F22 Raptor? For Mrs TenMiles? Is she OK being my new best friend?

  3. Blogger Carl V. 

    I'll be glad to be "it". It'll have to wait until later on today/tonight though.

  4. Blogger jenn see 

    well you didn't tag me but i'm going to steal the first half of this anyway.
    just you try & stop me.
    i'm incredibly sneaky.

  5. Blogger Carl V. 

    Mine's posted on my site for those who are interested. Jenn See has posted on her site as well.

  6. Blogger eKapa 

    u wore pink! pink! oh my heck. and i'm the gay one. what has this world come to ;-)

  7. Blogger Luke 

    Consider me well and truly tagged ... for later on tonight

  8. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    Livewire - Hey, Tiddlywinks is a very serious sport....

    Anne - I guess I'll buy one for you then too! And no, you cannot hang out with Mrs TenMiles.......you'll both gang up against me and make fun of my pink cords......

    Carl - I'm pondering the possibility of a link between graphic novels and pumpkin seeds....

    Jenn - I'm very glad you implemented your stealth tactics...

    Ekapa - Hey, nice to see you again. Just for the record, I NEVER owned a pair of pink cords.....I swear...hey, guys, stop looking at me like that, I really didn't.....promise.....oh hell, never mind.....

  9. Anonymous fence 

    I've not been tagged, but I don't care :)

    10 years ago: I was in transtistion year, so school but not school. Went to Grease (Samos) Had my first Sambuka...

    5 years ago: I was leaving NUI, Galway not having a clue what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

    1 year ago: Was suffering boredom at UCD, but at this moment 1 year ago I think I was actually finished my exams and so wondering how I when I was going to get a job.

    Today: got rained on. Although luckily enough, not with my own .38
    Right now, I'm sitting at work with a pile of books to be checked in, only the system's being rebooted in CSU (not CTU).

    Tomorrow: Well I never like to make plans... probably nothing more exciting than shopping. Although tehe place is always black with people on a Sat.

    I may do the "five things" part later. I may not. I can be fickle that way.

  10. Blogger Carl V. 

    I believe Mervyn Pumpkinhead is the link between graphic novels and pumpkin seeds!

    A "fickle fence"...that conjurs up so many interesting images!

  11. Anonymous fence 

    Interesting images do make the world go round... hang on, that's money isn't it. Or love. I always get confuddled there :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.