Irregular behaviour of a setting sun


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A while back, Nica over at The Persistence of Memory planted the seed of intrigue, and since Ten Miles seems to be going through an artistic period, I thought I'd post a few links for the curious. The artist is James Gleeson. Here Here And here


4 Responses to “Irregular behaviour of a setting sun”

  1. Blogger anne 

    Having no artistic culture, aside from that which you, Carl and the fish girls have been kind enough to share, I'll ask a stupid question: does this remind me of Dali? Because it does...

  2. Anonymous Fence 

    I agree Anne. Damn, fogotten the name of the one that especially reminded me. I suppose I could go back and look, but it is almost five and I'm off work soon.

  3. Blogger Carl V. 

    I agree, this really does have a Dali-esque feel to it. I like em...they're a little creepy though undefined and leave things up to your imagination. Interesting!

  4. Blogger nica 

    Unfortunately, as soon as an artist saw Surrealism as an appealing outlet for the creative side they were automatically posted against Dali or Magritte. I do agree that the styles are much similar in Gleeson's early years, but later in his life they turn macabre and sci-fi-ish, almost evoking Alien and horror films, in which he includes political comments and unorthodox colour combinations in ways that remind me of those oil/marble paintings kids do in school. Only scarier.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.