E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Someone had taken the fate of the world and tossed it onto a chair and somebody else had dumped it under a table, where it remained until a thin, grey-haired tramp picked up the paper, wiped off the worst of the grime and spread it out. - Jon Courtenay Grimwood The cynic in me is feeling somewhat dominant today......


5 Responses to “”

  1. Blogger ADAMANT 

    A little cynicism can go a long way.

  2. Blogger Carl V. 

    Its probably just me but I honestly don't see this quote as being cynical. It seems oddly hopeful to me...there's a story in there.

  3. Blogger jenn see 

    that's an incredible image. it really strikes a chord in me.
    what's it from?

  4. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    Adamant - well, I've already left you with my little 'Aliens' analogy....

    Carl - There is indeed a story there!

    Jenn - As it did in me, which is why I posted it. It's from his book 'Stamping Butterflies'.....and we all hear Carl say "Aha!"......

  5. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    I agree with Jenn - it does bring to mind quite an interesting image. Kind of hopeful, but then again, I'm reading it out of context. Cynicism usually gets my vote most days.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.