Quizzical Carrots


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As requested, five questions for Ms Lucretia:

1) Cd or Vinyl? Why?
2) "We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we’ll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won’t. And we’re just learning this fact..." - Chuck Palahniuk. Fact or fallacy? Discuss.
3) "..just the bare necessities, that's all I need. Choosing which clothes to take is the hardest thing." - Haruki Murakami. Why are you so restless?
4)Summarise the alternate ending for the movie 'Gladiator'. Your alternate ending.
5)"Falling feels like flying, until you hit the ground and everything is beautiful..." - Tom McRae. Describe your masterplan to achieve unaided flight.


2 Responses to “Quizzical Carrots”

  1. Blogger Luke 

    Oh dear, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut ... here goes bugger all.

    1) Cd or Vinyl? Why?
    We’re talking about food here, right? I’ve got a bit of both but as I don’t have a “turntable” anymore, then it has to be cda, or wma, or mp3 … erm … or it could even be on a piece of paper so I could lick it, I wouldn’t mind … just don’t hide it away from me, okay?

    2) "We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we’ll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won’t. And we’re just learning this fact..."
    - Chuck Palahniuk. Fact or fallacy? Discuss.

    What!? You mean I was lied to! Oh crap.
    The definitive word in Mr. Palahniuk’s observation here is “We” … which generation of “we” is he talking about? This entirely depends on the timeframe in which it was written.
    I’ve personally never subscribed to that mode of thought, ever. Yes, I was exposed to TV from an early age but I definitely wasn’t “raised” by it. I’ve always been more into the whole “Kill Your Idols” mindset, so I’d make a lousy celebrity anyway.


    3) "..just the bare necessities, that's all I need. Choosing which clothes to take is the hardest thing." - Haruki Murakami. Why are you so restless?
    In the luxury of my “innerspace” I am savagely restless but in the real world, anyone who knows me would say that I was completely the most “un”restless person in the world … but they don’t know what’s coming. Why? That’s for me to know and everyone else to figure out afterwards.

    4)Summarise the alternate ending for the movie 'Gladiator'. Your alternate ending.

    You are completely eveel. I wouldn’t change it at all.

    5)"Falling feels like flying, until you hit the ground and everything is beautiful..."
    - Tom McRae. Describe your masterplan to achieve unaided flight

    Well you know that I just finished reading HitchHikers but Douglas Adams had it right. It’s as easy as piss.
    I fly unaided all the time. It’s a gift. All it takes is a little bit of imagination, a whole load of faith and an insane ability to bullshit yourself and those around you into believing that you are flying … and there you go!

    Now why didn’t you ask me about Tanks?

  2. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    You know exactly why I didn't ask you about Tanks......

    As for the rest, oh well, I suppose those will have to do. You could probably sweeten my disposition with....ah...I don't know...maybe the new NIN or something ;~)

    Hang on, what's this?

    Oh, THOSE answers! Those were brilliant!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.