A momentary lisp of sanity.....


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For those who recall this post, I mentioned that in cogitating over the Medusa myth on which Medha was based, I had also dabbled in a little background research. This is the link in question, which I thought in and of itself makes for fascinating reading. Yes, I did use the phrase 'in and of itself'. Get over it. That's all I have. You can go home now. Give me a break people! It's a 3 day work week.....you expect me to be creative at a time like this?!?! (title filched from Lucretia)


3 Responses to “A momentary lisp of sanity.....”

  1. Blogger Fence 

    That stuff was pretty cool, never knew anything bout Medusa apart from when she turned up in those old stop-motion Sinbad-type films.

    Reminds me a bit of the Celtic Morrigan; Badbh, Neimhan and the morrigan (or sometimes Macha) was the three-in-one goddess of war, death, destruction, but also fertility and rebirth.

    Course I also wondered why St. Patrick needed to use the shamrock in the legend to teach the Irish about God being three in one, when so many celtic gods were exactly that.

  2. Blogger Luke 

    Er ... I've got to be damn quick with the TM stuff hey? :)

  3. Blogger Luke 

    I read the Medusa link and then went back to your poem ... which, of course is written by a male (er, you). I need to think about this, I like this Medusa chick, she rocks - she kinda reminds me of what Boudicca would be like.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.