Just when you though it safe to go back in the water........


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



You thought I had forgotten.......or perhaps that our previous episode had finally discouraged any would be 'purveyors of expendable wisdom'. I must admit that even I, your artificer of acrimony, was beginning to drop his guard. I was getting accustomed to an inbox free from contamination, but I should have known it could never last for long.......... Yes, my children. Gather round...closer......no, a little closer.....that's fine. Skrambled, move away from that rather fetching sofa.......anyone seen Fence?.......what's that Nome?.....oh yes, St Patricks day, we'll send a search party out for her later. Are you all settled? Right, Uncle Forgotten has a tale to tell.......... * * * * * * * One Day, A Man Went To Visit A Church He got there early, parked his car, and got out. Another car pulled up near by and the driver got out and said, "I Always Park There!!! You Took My Place!!!" The visitor went inside for Sunday School, found an empty seat and sat down. A young lady from the church approached him and stated, "That's My Seat!!! You Took My Place!!!" The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing. After Sunday School, the Visitor Went Into The Sanctuary And Sat Down. Another member walked up to him and said, "That's Where I Always Sit!!! You Took My Place!!!" The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment, but still He said nothing. Later As The Congregation Was Praying For Christ To Dwell Among Them, The Visitor Stood Up, And His Appearance Began To Change. Horrible Scars Became Visible On His Hands And On His Sandaled Feet. Someone From The Congregation Noticed Him And Called Out, "What Happened To You?" The Visitor Replied, As His Hat Became A Crown Of Thorns, And A Tear Fell From His Eye, "I Took Your Place." When You Receive This, Say A Prayer. That's All You Have To Do. There Is Nothing Attached This Is Powerful. Just Send This To Four People, And See What Happens On The Fourth Day. Maybe, Just Maybe, We Can Get The World To Start Thinking of Who Took Our Place. Do Not Break This, Please. * * * * * * * * Now, now. One at a time please. I can't hear anything if you all shout at once........ "Do not break this, please." - Oh, I'm breaking it, I'm breaking the hell out of it.


10 Responses to “Just when you though it safe to go back in the water........”

  1. Blogger the wheel 

    Oh man. I think this might be the dumbest one yet. What's the moral of the story supposed to be? Don't yell at someone for taking your parking spot because it could be Jesus wearing a hat and sandals?

    And isn't making it a chain letter that will bring good luck akin to witchcraft? Whoever sent that should be burned at the stake.

  2. Blogger the wheel 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  3. Blogger LiVEwiRe 

    You have GOT to be kidding me. Sheesh, and I thought I was going to burn in hell. Well, I'm off the hook (for sending it) as I have been relegated to the 7th Level of hell and apparently don't 'do' religion. Unless sending that is what put me there...lol. And by the way, I did see Skrambled eyeing up the sofa...

  4. Blogger Luke 

    Almost as lame as the Tibetan personality test email that I received about forty times yesterday.

  5. Blogger Fence 

    Your search party must have found me, coz here I am :)

    That is fantastic, and not at all obvious :)

    Course you do realise that you haven't really broken the chain at all, you have widened it. All of us bloggers are reading, and pondering upon the message, taking in the spirit of the fable, musing on the wonders that are religion... laughing our asses off at the wierdness that is spam email

  6. Blogger Hans the Destroyer 

    Good job forgotten, you break the hell right out of it. I think I'll join in...

  7. Blogger Ostrich 

    Good LORD! :)

  8. Blogger Nome 

    HA HA!

    I like that he says that all you have to do is say a prayer, but THEN he tells you, oh yes of course, you must spread his drivel to four of your unluckiest friends.

    What a sham! Plus, his story is stolen from various versions of Beauty and the Beast. It's not even original.

    That said, I wish I got that kind of crap in my inbox. It's great fodder for ranting!

  9. Blogger the typesetter 

    Gad, I have a friend who keeps sending these kinds of forwards to me! I never send them back, so that should be a clue not to send in more right? But, no... I get more more more. Do not break this, my ass! I say, "Well, make me!"

  10. Anonymous Fence 

    I found a site that might be perfect for providing other wonderful inspiring tales :)

    http://dovelove777.blogspot.com/

    Not as good as actual emails i know

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.