"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



And so we join our intrepid adventurer as he bravely brings us his latest report, from the heart of extremely hostile enemy territory, as the darkness slowly gathers all to its breast................. You guessed it, it's "I'll sign my name to anything 'cause I'm too dumb and lazy to do 30 seconds of research" time!!!!!! *********************** Do not mock Jesus! If you are not interested, and do not have the 4 minutes it will take to do this, please don't complain when God does not have time for you, because He is far busier than we are. Hi folks, At the risk of a bit of inconvenience, I'm forwarding this to all I think would appreciate it too. Please help us prevent such offences against our Lord. It will take you 4 minutes! A disgusting film set to appear in America later this year depicts Jesus and his disciples as homosexuals! As a play, this has already been in theatres for a while. It's called "Corpus Christi" which means "The Christ Body." It's a revolting mockery of our Lord. But we can make a difference. That's why I am sending this e-mail to you. Will you please add your name to the bottom of the list at the end of this e-mail? If you do, we will be able to prevent this film from showing in America and South Africa. Hey, it's worth a shot! Apparently, some regions in Europe have already banned the film. All we need is a lot of signatures! Remember, Jesus said "Deny me on earth and I'll deny you before my Father". Hit forward, and when it comes up, delete any e-mail addresses, fill in whom you want to send it to,scroll down to the last name (mine) and add yours to the list . When it reaches 500 please send to: " mailto:laughwhileyouburn@pearlygates.net " Thanks & regards, (name withheld so the embarrassment does not kill them) *********************** Now let's see. Firstly, this movie doesn't even exist, its actually a play by Terrence McNally. Secondly, this hoax mail has been around since early 2000. Thirdly, if God created man and bestowed upon him the gift of 'free will', then STOP TRYING TO CENSOR EVERY FUCKING MOVIE/BOOK/VIDEO/SONG THAT YOU DON"T AGREE WITH!!!!!!!!! If you disagree with it, then don't watch/read/hear it. To the person who sent this, you took 4 minutes of your time to read this, yet you could not spare the 15 seconds it took for me to Google this and identify it as bull. You signed your name to it!?!?!?! You actually read the first line condemning to hell anyone who doesn't read it, and then didn't collapse on the floor laughing when he followed that condemnation up with "Hi folks"!?!?!?!?! Read this and this for the real story that took place 6 years ago. The moral of today's story? It's alright to enage in "threats to kill the staff, burn down the theatre and "exterminate" McNally", as long as you are righteous or whatever the controversy is insults your god, even though "He is far busier than we are" and yet somehow finds the time to be insulted by the writings of some insignificant human. Well, we live and learn.


5 Responses to “"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin”

  1. Blogger the wheel 

    Oh man, that's a good one. I noticed that last week we didn't get our religious wacko email of the week. I think the best part is that the play ended up selling out and making a lot of money because of all the attention the crackpots gave to it.

    I'll comment on your fable below at some point in the next couple of days. I want to be able to fully absorb it.

  2. Blogger Beelzebabe 

    And these Christian terrorists are breeding.

  3. Blogger ScroobiousScrivener 

    It always gets me how people will email total (and frequently obvious) crap out to their 300 closest friends with the disclaimer "I don't usually send chain mails but just in case this is true..." Yeah. It's really hard to find out, too. Isn't it? Grrrr...

  4. Blogger Luke 

    Good one!
    What gets me completely in a froth, like I want to take the laptop and toss it out the window, are these bloody powerpoint thingies with pictures of angels, babies and puppies and potted twee Helen Steiner Rice verses all over the place... aargh.

  5. Blogger Prone Ranger 

    I genuinly thought this was a joke! I composed a really cynical reply and sent it back. I will dig it up and post it later today. I recieved this, or very similar, in about 2002.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.