"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness." - Josh Billings


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Still trying to get my around last nights episode of Special Assigment (a local current affairs program) This is what happened to Ginn Fourie, as well as her reaction. This is her justification. And a few thoughts have been thrashing about in my mind; is that kind of reaction something we should aspire to, or is it an extreme reaction to tragedy? And if it is a true example of forgiveness on a level far above what we expect, would I be capable of the same? Should I be ashamed if my honest answer is no? I am inclined to think that her ability to forgive came from pure intentions, but in the same breath I also think that part of it is an extreme reaction. I don't think I should be ashamed for doubting that I could do the same; if I can recognise the NEED for that sort of forgiveness, I hope that I walk a path that will bring me close to it. But the jury is still out.....


0 Responses to “"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness." - Josh Billings”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.