"Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Dark. Darkness. The Night. I have been chasing around my thoughts on a subject I can't even properly define, hoping to catch them in my metaphysical cocktail shaker, throw in some crushed ice and hope like hell the resultant concoction has enough kick to give me a Eureka moment.......but should that fail it will hopefully have me drunk enought to get my first good nights sleep in a while. I remember our family holiday trips down the coast, being grateful for my brand new radio/tape walkman to bring me relief from the day-time boredom. But as dusk fell, I would slowly become entranced with the world outside the car window. If flowers bloom in sunlight, do trees bloom in the dark? Does the crisp night air grant their spiring limbs a fleeting moment of life? We've been taught from infancy that shapes are regular, fitting endless squares and circles into their corresponding slots. Yet these same shapes become magical, their edges shimmer and shift, deceive and delight. Then why, when late at night I walk from bedroom to hallway, do I feel something creep silently, keeping one step ahead of my shifting eyes? Should it ever really have been labelled "fear of the dark"? Is it perhaps not fear born of the heightening of our senses? An instinctive reaction to the stripping away of the deluge that assails us every day? Holy shit, is that my imagination? I'd better do something to distract myself....... Hmmm......that cocktail is starting to take effect, the dregs from the shaker have spilled out and with them my last coherent thoughts. I think I'll go to bed now, but first I must switch on the passage light.....


6 Responses to “"Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark"”

  1. Blogger RC666 

    That is awesome! That is all I have to say.

  2. Blogger Hans the Destroyer 

    Ah, you are an immensely talented writer- so classic. I love your style. The ideas presented are great- and thanks for making me look up serendipitous- I'd forgotten what a great word it is ;).

  3. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    Staring at feet, sheepish grin slowly spreading across face....reckon I should only ever qualify for kind words once I've actually managed to keep this up for as long as you guys have. Thanks

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It's actually a cool and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    My webpage: Holdem Poker

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ρlеаse let me know if you're looking for a author for your site. You have some really good articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
    absolutely love to ωritе ѕome articlеs for уour blog
    in exсhange for a link back tо mine.

    Please blast me an email if interested. Kudoѕ!


    Also viѕіt my blog :: 888 Poker Bonus

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    For lаtеst nеws уou hаνe tο go to seе ωеb anԁ on thе web I
    founԁ this site аѕ a finеst web pаge foг neωеst updаtes.



    Feel fгeе to ѵisit my blοg; MintedPoker Bonus

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.