"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." - Dr. Randy Hanzlick


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Work has proved to be fairly draining today and my thoughts move like someone has emptied the entire contents of a honey jar in my head.....oh well, this is a far better replacement


3 Responses to “"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." - Dr. Randy Hanzlick”

  1. Blogger the wheel 

    I enjoyed your writing in the previous post. I had to comment on the quote here though. My brother had put that quote in his high school yearbook (he was a drunk at a very early age), but he attributed the quote to Opus in the comic strip Outland (by the creator of Doonesbury). I just did some searching on the internet to find the source of the quote, and I found out that it is often mistakenly attributed to Tom Waits, and that the original author of the quote is a doctor from Atalanta, Georgia, USA (also a songwriter) named Dr. Randy Hanzlick. I have too much free time on my hands, obviously. Here is where I got that info: http://www.chiasmus.com/typesofchiasmus/phonetic.shtml

  2. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    Thanks for the correction. Will make the necessary adjustments.....when I saw who the quote had been attributed to, it did seem to not quite fit Tom Waits, so I guess I know why now.
    Thanks again

  3. Blogger the wheel 

    Oops, now I have to correct myself. The comic strip I was referring to was actually Bloom County, not Doonesbury.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.