Duty calls.....


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I know this album is already a good few months old, but I feel duty bound to reveal them to anyone curious.....Ladies and gentleman, I give you Oceansize (watch the video for Catalyst)


2 Responses to “Duty calls.....”

  1. Blogger Fence 

    Well I;ve never heard of them, so I'll be on the lookout from now on. I would've taken a look/listen to the stuff on their site but am at work, and libraryies aren't really the place to be playing music videos :)

    What sorta music would you say they are. Hmm, not really sure why i asked that question, I can never label my own taste in music.

  2. Blogger forgottenmachine 

    "Ambient keyboards amalgamate with the frenzy of guitars to create a chaotic and loud fusion of sound that is at times soothing and at times scary."

    "Bucking the trend of some of their more famous Manchester based forefathers, their influences stretch far beyond merely the most obvious 60’s heroes, encompassing the powerhouse rock of Zeppelin and Jane’s Addiction (see for example, the swaggering ‘You Wish’ or ‘Remember Where You Are’), Massive Attack’s more dark hearted electronic moments (on perhaps the album’s highlight, ‘One Day All This Could Be Yours’), the dreamy, minimalist “post rock” of Mogwai and Sigur Ros (e.g., on ‘Rinsed’ and parts of the wonderfully titled ‘Women Who Love Men Who Love Drugs’) and the “prog rock” tendencies favoured by the likes of Pink Floyd."

    So say the reviewers.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm forgottenmachine
  • From Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs


ATOM 0.3


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs2.5 License.